1. Creative Cottage at Amcorp Mall (Level 3) – This is a craft shop with a fairly varied selection. They sell paints, mediums, some sizes of canvas, wood craft bases. Expect to find paints for ceramic, glass, wood, paper and fabric.
2. Scrapbook Memories at Tropicana City Mall (Level 2) – They have a wide selection of paints, paper and card stock, rubber stamps, electronic craft machines, brushes and ink pads. This is another place to find paints for ceramic, glass, wood, paper and fabric.
3. Vision Art, near The One Academy. This place caters to students, so prices can be haggled which is always a plus factor. You can find the usual art supplies: canvases, bags, easels, architecture craft supplies and markers. They have canvas cloth too, but you won’t find ceramic paint here. They are not open on weekends.
4. Craft Haven at One Utama (Level 2) – This is a very complete art supply shop when it comes to crafting. They don’t have a lot of canvases or easels; but they have everything a crafter needs. Paints, mediums, wood craft bases, paper and card stock, rubber stamps, electronic craft machines, brushes and a wide array of markers. Expect to find paints and markers for ceramic, glass, wood, paper and fabric. Their selection of brushes is very good.
5. Art Friend at Mid Valley Gardens (Level 3) – This is a fairly well-known location and is quite popular. If you are looking for something rare this is the place to go. Haze bought Copic markers, trois couleur pastels and wood here. They have light boxes, paints for artists and crafters and only seem to lack acrylic paint mediums.
1. Now there is an Art Friend at the Curve (Second Floor, Lot 245B) – its still fairly new so the shelves are still being stoked up with supplies, but so far you can expect to find varieties of paper, markers and colours.
6. Da Vinci at Ikano Power Center (Level 2) – Their selection is minimal but sufficient if you are in an emergency and looking for basic supplies.
7. Yen Ji at Ikano Power Center (Level 2) – If you are looking for wood panels to paint on then this is the place to go. You can even custom order your own wood!
8. Nanyang Art Supplies in KL town. If you are looking for cheap art supplies in bulk and you need Chinese art supplies, then this is the place to go. They have the biggest canvas cloth in town. Expect to see really good materials here as this shop is very established, however that comes with the drawback of expired goods. If you are buying paint, make sure they are not dried up. They also have a wide range of paper here.
9. Venus Art in KL town. Premium supplies but old and overpriced. Haze was a customer but the price tags chased her away. Brushes, ink and Chinese art supplies are good quality though, look for their sable horse hair brushes.
10. T-Square in Central Market. This is a well-known store which has been supplying business, students and artists with the good brands of stationery, art supplies and printing. They also have a selection of imported art materials, and a framing service for canvases as well.
11. Master Art at Street Mall, Cyberjaya. A Vision Art equivalent in Cyberjaya. Much bigger with a lot more stationery supplies. You can get a discount if you mention that you are a student from LKW or MMU.
12. Multifilla in Balakong. Art supplies in warehouse style. The more you buy the cheaper it gets but beware of bad quality products though, things are pricey for a reason. Don’t expect to be served enthusiastically either. If you need art supplies for events or in big quantity, coming here will save you money but otherwise its not worth the trip.
13. The Art Shop: No 65, Jalan Negara, KL. They claim to have over 11,000 items in their inventory with a retail and wholesale distribution network all over Peninsula Malaysia. Their product list includes stationery, fine art materials, architectural modelling material and etc.
14. Superior Art & Graphic Supplies: they provide art and graphic stationeries, printing paper and fine art materials, items used for technical drawing, drafting and drawing machines as well as materials used for exhibitions and events as well as many more items of a wide range. Their address is 9-2, 1st Floor, Jalan PJU 8/3B, Damansara Perdana.
15. The Craft Workshop: also involved in selling rare items like polymer clay and crackle paints; they also offer the space for people to make crafts. Among the products that are sold are polymer clay, acrylic paint, glass and porcelain paint, fabric paint, scrapbooking material, as well as many other tools and accessories. Tel: 60 5 5484686.
16. Yy R Us Sdn Bhd offers a wide range of clay-related material. They sell all types of clay-making material including multi-coloured clays, the tools and accessories as well as Clay Tool Sets, Glitter Tattoo Kits and patterns, Fabric art material, Canvas Art Kit, Scratch art material like patterns, etc. AEON Lot No.F26, Mahkota Cheras Shopping Centre. Tel: 03-9075 4146.
17. Everart & Graphic: They sell Talens Ecoline, Holbein Ink (Manga), Rowney half pan watercolour, Masking Fluid, Papers (High Quality Watercolor Papers too), Markers, Palettes etc at Lot 14 & 15, Ground Floor, Kompleks Karamunsing, 88300 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Contact No: 6088-233414 / 233414.